Program Curriculum at Our Treatment Centers in Orange County
At Yellowstone Recovery, we offer a wide range of evidence-based treatment options as part of our alcohol and drug addiction treatment programs. Both our inpatient and outpatient drug and alcohol rehab programs are designed to be an individualized journey with the right supports and resources at every step of the way.
The broad categories of our curriculum include:
- Experiential Therapy. As part of drug addiction programs, this treatment is focused on your past experiences and personal relationships. These methods can stimulate personal growth, calm anxiety, and develop skills that allow your emotional needs to be met.
- Family Support Group. This group therapy brings resolution to family conflicts and allows you to create strategies that will support long-term recovery and healing.
- Rehab for Women. Our drug and alcohol abuse programs are gender specific to address the unique needs of both men and women in recovery. These resources directly address those causes and triggers of addiction which are typically associated with being female.
- Rehab for Young Adults. Those between the ages of 18 and 24 also face unique obstacles and challenges. By offering age-specific drug and alcohol rehabilitation programs, Yellowstone can help these young people develop strategies for sobriety.
- Drug Rehab and Recovery. Drug abuse treatment programs like ours offer a comprehensive and customized treatment plan for you or your loved one’s successful recovery. In some cases, this may include supervised detox and medical support for co-occurring conditions.
- Alcohol Rehab and Recovery. Perhaps because alcohol is a legal substance for adults, it is one of the most common addictions and causes many preventable deaths in the United States each year. The best alcohol rehab programs address all aspects of alcoholism, which may include medications used for managing withdrawal and preventing relapse.
The addiction rehabilitation programs at Yellowstone Recovery can be inpatient treatment programs, intensive outpatient programs, or fully outpatient programs that can fit around work or family responsibilities. Each of our innovative drug and alcohol rehab programs can include these individual curriculum options that can address individual challenges and enhance your understanding of recovery.
The information presented in this group is designed to deliver group cognitive behavioral anger management treatment to clients with substance abuse issues. This option is available for both inpatient and outpatient rehab in Orange County.
- Events and Cues
- Anger Control Plans
- The Aggression Cycle
- Cognitive Restructuring
- Anger and the Family
Expressing cognitive therapy, thought art and using the medium as a primary source of communicating both emotional and cognitive thoughts makes art therapy an important part of your drug or alcohol rehab in our Orange County treatment centers.
Boundaries and Barriers
With the information presented in this group, the client learns effective mastery in building self-esteem, rational thinking, forgiveness and enlarging possibilities. These topics can help with successful sober living in Orange County or back in your hometown.
- Self-Esteem and How It Develops
- The Basics of Human Worth
- Recognize and Replace Self-Defeating Thoughts
- Liking the Face in the Mirror
- Understanding Stress
Core Values of Recovery
The focus for this group is to explore the values of being in Orange County rehab and recovery. It is designed to show the client that we are not solely the sum of our behaviors but that we can be caught in a cycle of inescapable choices. By recognizing the harm that we do to others and by realizing that we have assets, we are able to solidify our ability to change.
- People Affected by Our Behavior
- Comparison of Faults and Assets
- Understanding Total Life Recovery
- My Personal Goals in Treatment
Early Recovery Skills
Early Recovery Skills is an 8-lesson, 4-week course that meets twice a week during the first month of treatment. This program is available as part of our rehab programs in Orange County. It will introduce the clients to the basic tools of recovery and aid clients in stopping drug and alcohol use. Each lesson will introduce a new skill set for continued recovery.
- Stop the Cycle
- Identifying External Triggers
- Identifying Internal Triggers
- Introducing Self-Help Activities
- Body Chemistry in Recovery
- Common Challenges in Recovery
- Thinking, Feeling and Doing
- Wisdom in Recovery
Addiction and its effects are explored through the medium of films and videos. The presentation of information in this form helps the client visualize and conceptualize particular ideas and concepts pertaining to their education and sobriety. These resources are available to patients in all our facilities or outpatient drug rehab in Orange County.
- Clean and Sober
- Drunk in Public
- Pleasure Unwoven
- My Name is Bill W.
- Behind the Orange Curtain
- Lost Weekend
This group is designed to educate the client on how substance abuse can lead to or add to an already dysfunctional family. We investigate new family values and explore ways of implementing new values within the family structure. Life skills are an essential part of our curriculum for our drug rehab centers in Orange County.
- Healthy Family Development
- Identifying the Family Roles
- Addiction Spiral and the Family Disease
Peer Group Evaluation
This is a uniquely designed group where the clients in alcohol or drug rehab in Orange County are held accountable by those of their own recovery community. Their assets and strengths are evaluated along with the weaknesses and shortcomings which are explored in a peer group setting. Each client is provided with affirmation and constructive criticism from the perspective of their own recovery community.
- What Have You Done for Your Recovery?
- Helping Others – Who Is Your Eskimo?
- Behavior – Benefits and Consequences
- Assets Affirmation
- Balance in Action
- Constructive Criticism Exercise
In our recovery and detox centers in Orange County, we focus on each individual’s needs. The purpose of this group is to assist the client in personal growth with the process of self-realization, individualizing assets and weakness, learning new skills to promote change by obtaining emotional balance and improving self-esteem.
- Understanding the Thought Process
- Positive Reinforcement
- Problem Solving
- Whole Person Wheel of Self Actualization
- Thoughts, Emotions & Behavior
- Personal Recovery Journal
Physiology & Effects
This is an educational group providing the facts about substance abuse and their effects on the human body. The client is educated in the long-term and short-term effects of abuse and the effect on the central nervous system. They will also be advised of the health risks of continued abuse on the human body.
- The Effect of Opiates on the Human Body
- Alcohol and the Brain
- Methamphetamine – Long-Term Effects
- Hooked – Illegal Drugs and How They Got That Way
- Mind Games
- HIV/STD Education
The peer support group initialized in these settings is used to explore and overcome the long term bio/psycho/social problems that are indicative of long-term incarceration. Many alcohol and drug abuse programs do not provide the support these individuals need to return to the community.
- Social Integration
- Changing Direction
- Problem Solving Peer Groups
- Re-Adjusting Social Skills
Recovery Potential Discussion
This is a peer-based open discussion group where our potential for recovery is reviewed. The client interaction is encouraged to provide different perspectives and perceptions of current client growth. This honest and direct approach helps our substance abuse treatment programs motivate and inspire people who are on the fence about recovery.
- Targeting Obstacles
- Overcoming Fear
The purpose of this group is to give the client alternatives to substance abuse/dependency. Different methods of recovery are explored and explained, offering both the pros and cons of the alternative forms of recovery, allowing the addiction treatment program to be tailored to the individual.
- Exploring the 12 Steps
- Moderation Management
- Harm Reduction
- Building a Sober Network
- Challenging Social Skills
Relapse Prevention enables the client to recognize personal stressors and triggers that lead to relapse and identify behaviors that are harmful to continued sobriety. Through education, an individualized relapse prevention plan can be actualized for each client in our drug or alcohol addiction program.
- Relapse Warning Signs
- Triggers and Cravings
- Cycle of Relapse
- Set-Up Behavior
- Relapse Justification
An introduction into the spiritual principles of recovery. This group helps provide an uplifting new experience for the clients as they explore their own personal spiritual growth. In our holistic addiction treatment centers we recognize the important role that spirituality can play in recovery.
- Spiritual Principles of the 12 Steps
- Meditation – Seeking Balance
- Serenity – The Inner Peace
- Reduce Anger with Acceptance
- What Is My Spiritual Score
Advancing Your Recovery with an Advanced Curriculum
At Yellowstone Recovery, we have been helping people heal from addiction for over two decades. Thousands of men and women have gone from searching for “drug treatment programs near me” to one of the best drug rehab programs in the country, right here in Orange County.
As a non-profit, we strive to offer the finest in facilities and services while making our treatment programs for alcohol abuse and drug addiction affordable for everyone. We can help you determine if you are eligible for insurance coverage of treatment, and assist you in choosing the treatment options that fit your current situation.